How I can help you
I can help you start a business and assist existing businesses in: marketing & sales, general management, planning, product development, patents & licensing, and buying or selling businesses.
I mentor anytime by email, phone and video and in-person by arrangement. I find video mentoring effective & very convenitnt.
During my career, I led private & public mid-size, multi-site domestic and international manufacturing and construction companies. I gained broad general management experience as a senior officer serving a variety of industries & markets.
In marketing & sales I directed activities for proprietary and commodity products serving automotive, architectural, consumer, industrial, international and defense markets; directed product development of industrial and consumer products and opened and expanded international markets using partnerships, licensing and company owned operations.
In operations I implemented planning, continuous improvement, objective setting, quality & management systems and team development processes. I also negotiated acquisitions, divestitures, formation of Joint Ventures and expanded, moved, closed and built plants with proprietary processes and equipment.
- President of 3 plastic processing companies, two owned by equity capital firms.
- President of an international construction company owned by a large Japanese company.
- Sr. VP of Operations and VP of Business Development for a public company making custom materials and engineered systems.
- COO of 2 furniture companies and Division General Manager of a public furniture company.
- Since joining SCORE in 2005, I have mentored more than 750 entrepreneurs and small business owners and was a leader of our SCORE Chapter.
Military service: Served as Captain in the US Army, commanding armor, infantry and engineer units. A decorated Vietnam veteran.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Intellectual Property
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Operations
- Sales, Marketing & Public Relations
- Home or Personal Maintenance Services
- Transportation & Warehousing
- Manufacturing & Industrial
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
- Retail & Wholesale Trade
MBA, General Management, The Amos Tuck School, Dartmouth College
BS Management Engineering, University of Vermont