Raising capital to start or expand your business can be very challenging!
In the current economy, investors have become increasingly risk-averse, resulting in even greater competition for their limited investment dollars. And heightened regulatory scrutiny by the SEC means that compliance with securities laws has never been more important. Brian will discuss what an entrepreneur or business owner must do to successfully navigate raising capital.
You will leave with a better understanding of:
- Determining a company’s capital requirements
- Identifying those who can satisfy those requirements
- Defining the terms of the equity offering
- Understanding what it means to have investors
- Complying with federal and state securities laws
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Strategies for increasing a company’s chance of success