As a small business owner, at some point you may want to hire qualified people to help with the necessary duties and chores. This frees you up for doing what you need to do more effectively. For instance, if you hire a part-time person to help around the office or with marketing. First, you must be aware of the difference between direct-hire employees and contractors. Furthermore, new hires require paperwork, then there’s record keeping, taxes, reporting and much more.
Yes, it may seem complicated, however, this webinar will help clarify…
- The tasks related to employees vs. contractors
- Onboarding new hires including the required paperwork
- Details of record keeping
- Using eVerify to confirm the eligibility of employees to work in the United States
- The difference between exempt and nonexempt employees
- Payroll taxes and workers compensation
- How to work with a payroll company
Free. Registration required.