What is the Business Owners Forum?
The leaders of growing small and mid-sized companies confront the constant challenge of “doing more” with constrained resources in the face of increasing competition. The Business Owners Forum was formed by SCORE Greater Phoenix to address these strategic issues in a peer group setting. The members of the Forums are passionate about improving the performance of their businesses through shared experiences and knowledge. Each Business Owners Forum group is comprised of 10 - 12 executives from non-competing businesses who meet monthly as an ongoing team.
The Business Owners Forum program includes the monthly, 1.5-hour problem-solving and discussion meeting which is facilitated by two SCORE meeting leaders. Each forum is an opportunity for the group to work through their specific business issues using a proven process.
The Business Owners Forum meetings are facilitated by SCORE meeting leaders who become integral members of each group. The backgrounds of these leaders include retired senior executives from Fortune 500 companies as well as entrepreneurs who have launched, bought, and sold businesses.
What Will the Business Owners Forums do for ME?
The Business Owners Forum program will enable you to become a better leader, make better decisions and achieve better results through:
- Better insight into your own business as well as the economy at large will help you to compete and excel
- New perspectives to stimulate fresh ideas about your opportunities and challenges
- Enhanced skills to facilitate ongoing learning and performance improvements
- A confidential sounding board comprised of experienced executives for both everyday and strategic decisions
What is the Criteria for Requesting the Business Owners Forum?
The minimum requirements to participate in the program are:
- You must be responsible for the full operation of a qualifying business (e.g. CEO, President, Chairman, Managing Partner, etc.)
- Your company should have been in business for at least two years
- There are at least one non-family employees
Individual groups will not include any competitors and each member will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
How Much does it Cost to Join a Business Owners Forum?
There is no charge to participate.
How Can I Learn More?
If you complete and submit the Business Owners Forum Application Form, you will be contacted by a SCORE Business Owners Forum Facilitator to learn more.