by Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz
If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you have till April 21st to get it that way!
On April 21st, the Google search engine is changing their algorithm yet again. If a website is not mobile friendly, that is it looks good and can be navigated easily on a SmartPhone or a tablet, it will lose Search Engine Results Page (SERP) rankings!
Yes! Your website will be demoted in Google search!
Is your website mobile-friendly? How do you know? Click here to test your site.
If it’s not, you have a few choices.
- If you have a WordPress site, switch to a “Responsive” theme (there are many free ones) or the WordPress plugin, JetPack that has a mobile enhancing feature. JetPack is free and the quickest fix.
- Contact your web designer to have them do an update.
- If you need a new site, contact the folks at GoDaddy and they can help you. (GoDaddy is a SCORE Strategic Partner and sponsor of SCORE’s newsletter.)
Why such a major change?
Here are some stats from eMarketer:
Not convinced yet? Click here to read more mobile related data articles on eMarketer. Here is some more information on Mobile SEO from Google and ablog post on Google’s blog.
SCORE is planning seminars and more articles on mobile marketing. Stay tuned!
- 5 Reasons Why Your Business Should be Using SMS Text Message Marketing Now
- Mobile-Friendly vs. Mobile-Optimized Design — Decoded
- 3 Reasons a Mobile Website Matters
- The Difference between a Mobile App and a Mobile Website
About the Author:
Giselle Aguiar, founder of AZ Social Media Wiz is a social media, inbound and content marketing strategist & trainer helping business owners learn how to leverage the power of social media marketing, increase traffic to their websites, generate leads, increase brand awareness and establish themselves as experts in their fields. As with anything in business, using the right tools in the right way and at the right time are critical parts to your success. Learn from someone who’s known the Internet since it’s infancy. Official Social Media, Newsletter and Blog Manager for Greater Phoenix SCORE and Adjunct Faculty at Phoenix College. Social media training – 1-on-1 or for groups. http://azsocialmediawiz.com 602-738-1700. You can connect with Giselle online at LinkedIn or on Google+.