Blogging takes too much time! That is the biggest complaint I get when I tell people that they need to blog 1-3 times a week for it to be effective. However, if you don’t blog regularly, you risk having Google, the search engine completely ignore your website. Google wants fresh, relevant content written for the human reader.
Here are the Top 5 Benefits of Blogging for Business:
- Helps establish credibility and you can show off your expertise and knowledge
- Promote yourself or your business, product or service – build brand awareness
- Build a platform & a following – sharing your blog posts on social media gives people a reason to follow you
- Share opinions, how-to, reviews, advice – help solve peoples’ problems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – it’s the fresh content that Google is looking for
- Drive traffic to your website which in turn helps build your email list and generate qualified leads
Blogging regularly continues to be a proven results-maker. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Really get to know your target audience and give them the information that they need
- Set goals – how many visitors do you want to your site a month? How many conversions?
- Develop a strategic plan – how will you meet your goals?
- Develop a tactical plan – how will you implement the strategy? Use an editorial calendar.
- Get set-up properly with a website that has a blog integrated in it that’s yours and not on a “borrowed” platform. I recommend WordPress.
- Learn how to use the tools properly and effectively
- Implement – just do it!
- Monitor and measure – check your website statistics monthly to see what’s working and not working
What are you waiting for? Start blogging!