Customers are finicky. Mess up once and they’re out the door on the way to one of your competitors. This report from eMarketer shows the reasons why small-business owners have changed brands or companies with which they do business.
These are the top 5 reasons customers change brands:
- Bad customer service
- Better product, service or support from new brand
- Bad experience
- Another New product or service will improve business
- Special offer/sales promotion from new brand
Good customer service is crucial for keeping customers happy. It costs more to obtain new customers than it does to keep the ones you’ve got!
Tips on how to not lose a customer:
- Monitor your name and brand on the social media channels and diffuse any customer complaints. The faster the better.
- Ask customers how you can improve your service at the time of sale or delivery.
- Ask customers how you can improve your product or what they’d like to see you carry or provide.
- Keep tabs on your competitors on social media. Follow them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn & Google+. Watch for new products or services, special and sales. A few dollars in pricing sometimes is the only difference between keeping a customer or losing them.
If you have questions on how to better your customer service, there is a SCORE Mentor who been there and can offer FREE ADVICE! Click here to schedule an appointment with a SCORE Mentor.