Today’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a challenge.
Here’s all that’s involved in SEO. Graphic by Alexis Wilke (CC)
You want your business to come up on the first page of Google. If you’re not doing Pay-Per-Click(PPC), Google’s paid advertising, then you have 10-12 chances to land on the first page. That’s called “Organic” Search Engine Results Page(SERP).
The more competitive your field or industry is, the more challenging this is going to be.
It’s not “if you build it they will come”!
As this infographic from Macallan Marketing illustrates, today’s SEO is made up of not just keyword-centric website, but content marketing, blogging, social media and mobile-friendliness and responsiveness play integral parts in SEO success.
- You have to blog – it’s the fresh, relevant content that Google is looking for. Keeping Google happy is crucial. We recommend WordPress.
- Every time you share a blog post, landing page or even your home page in social media posts, you get “Google Juice” that helps with SEO.
- Posting regularly on Google+, Google’s social network also helps. Read this related article: An SEO Tale of 2 Auto Repair Shops.
- Creating YouTube videos helps.
- Having a mobile-friendly website. Is your site mobile-friendly? Click here to test it.
- Be consistent in the 4C’s of marketing: Creating, Curating, Connecting, and Culture.