This is the first of SCORE Greater Phoenix's Partner Spotlights where, once a month, we'll be featuring one of our strategic partners.
For the last few years, I've had the privilege and honor of working with the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) as a webinar presenter and digital marketing mentor. However, the ACA has way more to offer than business webinars!
For example, a year ago, they started the Small Business Digital Academy. It’s a 6-week course designed to help small business owners improve their digital marketing skills. (I’ve been a part of it since its pilot program). By the way, the next one starts April 25, 2022, and they are currently taking applications until April 8, 2022. Click here for more info and to apply.
Whichever industry your business is in, you will have interaction with one of these sectors:
- Automated Vehicles — Funny, I just moved to Downtown Phoenix and I see the Waymo cars going up and down the streets marking the neighborhoods. Arizona was the 1st state in the nation to enact an executive order supporting the testing and operation for autonomous vehicles.
- Renewable Energy — Did you know that Arizona is the #1 state with the most solar electricity installed?
- Education Technology (EdTech) — Learning is no longer confined to in-person classrooms!
- The Internet of Things (IoT) — AZ was the 1st state to streamline the deployment of small cell tech for 5G.
The ACA is key in enticing businesses of all sizes to move, expand or start in the state. As a result, they focus on these specific sectors…
- Aerospace and Defense
- Bioscience and Healthcare
- Business and Financial Services
- Film and Digital Media
- Technology and Innovation
Most importantly, the ACA offers several programs to assist all-size businesses with…
- Tax Relief
- Talent and Training
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Small Business Opportunities
- Manufacturing Opportunities
- Rural Economic Development
- International Trade
- Location and Site Assistance
- ACA Checklist to Help you Start, Operate and Grow a Business in Arizona
- Developing Your Small Business
All in all, if you want to start or grow a business in Arizona, I’m sure you will find a program or the right assistance on the ACA website. I suggest getting on their email list to receive news and event updates.