By Giselle Aguiar, AZ Social Media Wiz
Whether you’re heading for the beach, the slopes or over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house, the last thing you want to think about is your social media and marketing. But…..
Social media doesn’t stop just because you’re on vacation!
If you don’t keep being social, blogging and posting, you’ll risk losing followers — the followers that it took so long to get! Not everyone goes on vacation. Many people use this down-time to catch up with their to-do list, do research or get organized.
Here are a few steps to take before you hang up the “gone fishing” sign:
- Plan ahead – At the end of every month, you need to review site statistics and analytics, review your marketing plan and adjust and plan for the next month accordingly. If you know you’re going to be away, take that into consideration and plan for it! Related: The Power of a Good Marketing Plan
- Schedule posts – use free tools, Twitterfeed, HootSuite and TweetDeck to schedule posts to go automatically while you’re away. Related: What’s the Best Time to Tweet? ; Video: How to Use SocialBro & HootSuite to Schedule Posts & Tweets in Bulk
- Schedule blog posts – make time before you leave to write a few blog posts and schedule them to post in the future. Use that wait-time at the airport to write quick blog articles. Related: WordPress Tools
- Get the mobile apps – all the networks are available for iOS and Android – not all are available for Windows phones. Most of the tools are also available for mobile: Feedly, HootSuite and even WordPress.
- Post about your trip – you’re human, you connect with humans – humans have fun on vacation – have fun with social!
If you plan ahead, you’ll be able to relax and worry, if people will think you fell of the face of the earth – even if you want to actually do that.
About the Author:
Giselle Aguiar, founder of AZ Social Media Wiz is a social media, inbound and content marketing strategist & trainer helping small to mid-sized business owners learn how to leverage the power of social media marketing, increase traffic to their websites, generate leads, increase brand awareness and establish themselves as experts in their fields. As with anything in business, using the right tools in the right way and at the right time are critical parts to your success. Learn from someone who’s known the Internet since it’s infancy. Official Social Media, Newsletter and Blog Manager for Greater Phoenix SCORE and Adjunct Faculty at Phoenix College. Social media training – 1-on-1 or for groups. WordPress sites and blogs. http://azsocialmediawiz.com 602-738-1700. You can connect with Giselle online at LinkedIn or on Google+.