- Graduate Yale University and Executive Program, Columbia University Business School
- Active duty, LT, U,S. Navy Reserve, served with National Security Agency
- Corning Glass Works: Sales, Technical Products Div.; New Product Development, Medical Products Div.; VP General Manager, acquisition from Novartis
- Co-founder, Eldred Wheeler Corp., niche firm handcrafting 18th Century American Country High Style furniture: extensive product line in cherry and tiger maple from small tables to highboys; sales through sole-product stores;made and sold reproductions from Nantucket Historical Society; Colonial Williamsburg;Nantucket Historical Society; etc..Sold company to VC in NYC.
- Activities: boating; SCORE-Southeastern MA; men's organizations; travel