I. Personal Information
A. Address, E-mail & Phone Numbers
1. 1638 66th St. Fennville, MI 49408-8913
2. H: (269) 227-3507, C: (847) 347-1357
3. E-mail: email@example.com
1. B.S.E. (Aerospace), U. of Michigan, 1965
2. M.B. A. U. of Michigan, 1979
II. Work History
A. 2009-Present - Executive Director, Great Lakes Alliance for Manufacturing, LLC, (www.glafm.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. A cellular coalition of small-mid size companies providing new product development services
2. Duties include marketing & project management
B. 2007-Present - Partner, SMO Group, LLC
1. Engineering consulting company
2. Duties: market development & product planning
C. 2005-Present - SCORE Association, (Chapter 686)
1. Volunteer mentor: business plan development
2. Consultant: Fast-Trac entrepreneurial classes
C. 1986-Present - President, NPD Consulting Services
1. Wrote the book: Simultaneous Engineering for New Product Development: Manufacturing Applications, published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2000.
D. 1980-2004 - Tech-Cor, LLC, (subsidiary, Allstate Corp.)
1. Engineering Manager, Applied Research Dept.
2. Duties: Analysis of risk factors for vehicle insurability including development of criteria to reduce damageability and improve repairability of automobiles & light trucks.
E. 1966-1980- Aerospace & Automotive Industries
1. Chrysler Corporation: Product Development Engineer
2. McDonnell-Douglas Corporation: Aerodynamics Engr.
3. Lear-Siegler Inc. Instr. Div.: Product Dev. Engineer
III. Associations, Accomplishments & References
A. SAE International (www.sae.org)
1. Authored original version of SAE Rec. Practice J1555, Design for Damageability Improvement.
2. Obtained acceptance of J1555 by the auto industry for damageability as a product design parameter.
B. Research Committee on Automobile Repairs, (www.rcar.org)
1. Participating Member, 1981-2004
2. Presentations to global auto manufacturers, insurers and media on research results of low speed crash testing, damageability and reparability analyses & recommendations for improving future models.
1. W. G. Paterson, Retired Vice President, Textron Fuel Systems Div., (616) 403-9745
2. G. R. Cook, West Michigan Plastics, Inc., (616) 394-9269
3. Richard Starbuck, Starbuck Machining, Inc, (616) 399-9720
4. Ron Fredricks, Consultant, (616) 608-5992